Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fast & Fresh: Blackberry Smoothie



What's more refreshing for breakfast on a hot day than a smoothie?

I need to slow down on my smoothie making...I'm becoming a smoothie monster!

With all the fresh summer fruit, what's a girl to do I say???  And don't get me started on the berries...oh my oh my oh my!  Love me some berries...just sayin'.

So today I have a wonderful batch of blackberries, fresh from the farmer's market.

See how purty?



So let's put these tart little gems to use and make some breakfast!  Oh, it's also good for a snack, lunch, or even dessert too!  Oh, and a smoothie is so good for your, all the vitamins and nutrients from the fruit, the calcium from the dairy...well you get it!

So remember, as I've told you in my previous smoothie posts, it's all about the ratio.  Just don't add too much liquid, or a fruit that has a lot of liquid, and you'll get a nice thick smoothie every time!


Smoothie time!!!

So take your blender and add 1 container of vanilla lite yogurt.  I use Vanilla Chai flavor a lot cause I like the spice...but you can use plain vanilla.  It's a great base.

Add one small or a half of a medium banana.

Add about 1/3 cup of milk.  I use 2%, but anything will do.

Add about 8-10 blackberries, and about 1 cup of ice cubes.

Give it a whirl, crushing the ice please....

Now you've done it!  Look, it's a wonderful purple colored smoothie!



Now that's what I call Fast & Fresh!



Blackberry Smoothie

Serves 2

1 container of lite vanilla yogurt
1 small or 1/2 of a medium banana
1/3 c. 2% milk
8-10 blackberries
1 cup of ice cubes

Put all ingredients in order of recipe in the blender.  Turn on and whirl until all fruit is blended and ice is crushed.  Serve!

7 comments:

  1. Wow Beth this sounds so refreshing and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love smoothies! Never had one with blackberries! Mmmmmm : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks divine. The color is amazing. I want a big fat straw to slurp mine down fast.... yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for linking up to Fusion Fridays! Your blackberry smoothie looks delish...I love the color!

    Drop back by on Monday for my Weekend Wrap Up, and check out my favorites from the weekend...I just might feature your link! http://janedeereblog.blogspot.com

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That smoothie looks so good- especially with berries fresh from the farmers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why I've never thought of using blackberries in my smoothies. That's a great idea! It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear how do I wish our blackberries were flourishing right now - I'm craving blackberry goodness! And this would be right at the top of my list! ~Megan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...