Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Easy Creamy Chicken Enchiladas



What should you do with your leftover chicken?

Make a quick weeknight meal of Easy Creamy Chicken Enchiladas.

This dish takes a little help from Philadelphia Santa Fe Blend Cooking Creme.  I saw this new product in my local grocery store and the Santa Fe flavor caught my eye.  What a great way to introduce Latin flavors into a cream cheese cooking creme!  I quickly bought some and couldn't wait to try it out.  It's an obvious choice for Enchiladas since you want your filling moist and creamy.

I had just made some chicken breasts the night before and had some leftovers.  Perfect redo for the leftovers!  If you don't have any leftover chickens on hand a rotisserie chicken will work.  If you want to make fresh poached chicken, check out my recipe here.



I also picked up a bottle of my favorite enchiladas sauce from Sprouts, which has a little kick.  These are going to be quick, but yummy enchiladas.  Don't worry, it's okay to take a little help from some pre-made ingredients.

The result?  I had just enough leftover chicken for MGG and me to each have 2 enchiladas.  The cooking creme was a great touch to the chicken.  The flavor was subtle and tasty.  These were perfect in a pinch!

I'm glad I tried it, and will try adding it to pasta next time.


So give this easy weeknight meal a try.  Be creative and add your favorite ingredients as well.  I'm sure it will be a winner at your house.

Easy Creamy Chicken Enchiladas 

serves 2


1/2 small yellow onion, diced small 

1 t canola oil
1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
1 cup canned diced tomatoes, no salt added, drained 
1/4 tub (10 oz.) Philadelphia Santa Fe Blend Cooking Creme
1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated 

4 flour tortillas (6 inch)
1 cup of enchiladas sauce
Garnish:  shredded cheese, sour cream (Optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add diced onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft, stirring occasionally.  Add chicken, tomatoes, cooking creme, and shredded cheese.  Stir to combine.

In a baking dish add a little of the enchilada sauce in the bottom.  Take 1/3 cup chicken mixture and place it down the center of each tortilla and roll up.  Place seam side down in a baking dish.  Continue until all enchiladas are complete.  Top with remaining enchiladas sauce and cover with foil.   Bake 15 minutes.  Remove cover and sprinkle with cheese.  Return to oven and bake uncovered 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.  Serve with garnishes if desired.


1 comment:

  1. Those look terrific! I love Mexican food. This is a new recipe to try.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...