Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Raspberry Sour Cream Muffins - A Valentine Breakfast

Muffins hot from the oven loaded with raspberries and moist from the sour cream makes these a special Valentine's Day muffin! - Slice of Southern

I made a special muffin just for my love on Valentine's Day!

When I think of Valentine's flavors, pink, strawberry, chocolate, and raspberry come to mind.  So I'm in a pink mood this year...and the delicate love it emits.  So why not make a wonderful breakfast treat for your loved one that's pink.

I remember a cookie I once had that was raspberry and white chocolate.  At the time I thought...this is Valentine's in a cookie!  One thing though was that the white chocolate made it a little two sweet for me.  So when I set out to make this muffin, I thought of that cookie and decided to leave out the white chocolate.  But to give it that moist decadent feeling I added sour cream to the muffin mix.  Heaven!  With the addition of raspberries I ended up with a beautifully moist, tart yet sweet masterpiece of a muffin.


Muffins hot from the oven loaded with raspberries and moist from the sour cream makes these a special Valentine's Day muffin! - Slice of Southern

Of course the cute little heart muffin papers didn't hurt!

What a special way to say "I Love You" than with these muffins.  They taste THAT good!  See for yourself...


Muffins hot from the oven loaded with raspberries and moist from the sour cream makes these a special Valentine's Day muffin! - Slice of Southern

The recipe makes twelve, but you can halve it if you would like less muffins.  Perfect for breakfast with some eggs and bacon.  A wonderful way to start off the day.  And made with love....

Happy Valentine's Day!


Raspberry Sour Cream Muffins

Makes 12

2 c flour
1 T baking powder
1/8 t salt
½ c sugar or ¼ c Splenda sugar blend
2 large eggs
1 c sour cream
6 T canola oil
1 t vanilla
1 c frozen or fresh raspberries

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper liners.

In a large bowl add flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.  Stir to combine.  In another small bowl lightly beat eggs.  Add in sour cream, oil, and vanilla.  Beat slightly to mix.  Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.  Stir until moistened.  Do not over mix.  Fold in raspberries, being careful not to mash them.

Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin.  Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.  Allow to cool 5 minutes in the pan, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

2 comments:

  1. I made these last weekend and they were a big hit!
    Thanks for the recipe1

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...