Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Peach Cobbler Smoothie



I'm dying for peach cobbler...

But I don't have time to make it.  My work schedule is keeping from this wonderful dessert.  I have such a craving for it...what to do?


Let's make a smoothie!

My Peach Cobbler Smoothie will take care of my cravings right away!  Plus it is quicker to make!

I made this smoothie and took to work with me in one of my favorite travel containers.  I think I've showed they containers before.  They are actually glasses, called "working glasses".  Perfect for everyday drinkware and the best part is they come with a lid that allows you to take them with you, filled with your favorite drink, or pasta salad, fruit, potato salad, or even a dessert.  What ever you can imagine!  I know I get excited about these container, but they truly are handy.




Back to the smoothie.  This smoothie has all the flavors of peach cobbler, so I'm sure if you love the dessert you will love my smoothie.  It even has a secret ingredient...I'm not telling what it is...oh, okay you can find out by reading the recipe.  It just puts it over the edge a bit and given it that cobbler taste!

Give it a whirl in your blender, it's fast and easy to make.  A great treat for you kids as well.  The best part is since it's summer, peaches are delishhh right now!   So use some fresh peaches, and leave the skin on so you get some extra fiber and nutrients!  It's good for you.  (If you can't find fresh peaches, frozen will work just as well.)




Enjoy some summer peach cobbler in a smoothie!



Peach Cobbler Smoothie

Serves 2

1 6 oz container lite vanilla yogurt
½ banana
¼ t cinnamon
1 peach, cut into chunks
¼ c milk
5 vanilla wafers
1 c ice cubes

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth.  Pour in 2 glasses and serve.



Shared with:  Weekend Potluck

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...