Sunday, May 20, 2012

Southern Sundays





Happy Southern Sundays!


Summer is coming fast and the Memorial Day weekend is just around the corner.  Although this seems to be the unofficial start of summer, I think it's already started where I live.  The weather here is already hot, promising a scorcher of a summer, I think!  It's time to clean up the old grill and get to some outdoor cooking.


I love eating "alfresco".  Most summers that is where you'll find us.  Outside, enjoying the sunshine, long evenings, and food food.  I've already strung up some beautiful mercury glass outdoor lights I picked up the other day.  They provide a beautiful glow at night, just right for setting the mood for a outdoor dinner experience.  You can see my lights here.  Oh!  I just saw a beautiful monarch butterfly near my new flowers. Gold and black...just gorgeous.  Which reminds me that's another thing I do this time of year...planting.  My love of flowers comes from my mom.  Container gardening is such fun and easily decorates around our dining table...it brings a splash of color and freshness to the area.  What do you do to prepare for a season of outdoor living??




So, on to Southern Sundays!  Last week we had some excellent recipes that you all shared!  I'm overwhelmed by the creativity, and surely am gaining weight from all this!  The most popular recipes are being featured here today.  A great round of applause for these wonderful dishes and to their creators!  Excellent cooking!


Check out these wonderful dishes, and stop by and say hello to the artist behind the dish!

by Marguerite of Cajun Delights


by Alyssa of What's Cooking Love?


by Lisa of Flour Me With Love

I'm Hungry now!

So let's party...

Guidelines:
Please become a follower by joining my site with Google Friends Connect in the right side bar.
Link back to your specific recipe and not to your main site.
Link back to Southern Sundays either in your post, or grab my Southern Sundays Button located in the right side bar.
Please visit a few of the links in the post and say hello to your fellow bloggers!
Enjoy, have fun, cook lots of food, and relish your Southern Sunday!





9 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting! To get ready for summer, we prep the deck and use the grill a lot more. Love your lights! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hosting!
    I actually don't want to think about summer yet, although it's getting warmer and warmer here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the feature, it is greatly appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for featuring my Chicken Bacon Ranch Grilled Cheese Sandwich and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Beth thanks for the visit to the wednesday baker. Appreciate. I am sharing Coconut Pineapple cake...........have a great week and I put your button on my page andi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the invitation. I can probably link up to your party on Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the invitation. Great recipes to chose from. We linked up our wonderful butterfinger bar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the invite....Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the invite! I've linked up my yummy Pomegranate Muffins this week! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...