Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Cinnamon Toast Crescent Rolls


Time for a little tasty bit!

Sometimes you just want something.  A little something sweet, maybe a little after school snack for the kids, or just a little something with your coffee or tea.  A little tasty bit!

MGG always loves to have a little sweet with his coffee.  Today's dish would be perfect, but I haven't made these for him yet.  They are my secret...at least for a little while longer.

A really fond memory of a favorite food growing up was cinnamon toast.  Didn't you just love it too?  Of course we had the regular kind where you toast the bread, butter it when it's hot and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top.  It will do in a pinch but my true favorite way was when mom broiled it....OMG!

She would take some bread and butter it and sprinkle on the cinnamon and sugar and then place it under the broiler.  Magic! It turned out all bubbly, and caramelized...OMG...sorry, but I'm just having a moment here.




This has to be the BEST way.  Now that I'm all grown up (snickering) I still love cinnamon toast but, I just don't really make it anymore.

So the other day I saw some Crescent Rolls in the can...yes, the can...and BAM! I knew I had to make Cinnamon Toast Crescent Rolls.  I did tweak the flavors just a little by adding some brown sugar, just to help the caramelization along since that's what really draws me to my mom's broiled version.  They came out fantastic!  All ooey, gooey, and caramelized goodness...I can smell them now.




So I hope you try these.  Not really a recipe of sorts, but they are a good little tasty bit to make!

Cinnamon Toast Crescent Rolls

Yield: 8 rolls

1 can of crescent rolls (such as Pillsbury)
softened butter or margarine
2 T brown sugar
1/4 sugar
2 t cinnamon

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Remove crescent dough from the can and unroll.  Separate into 8 individual triangles and place the rolls on a working surface.

Smear one side of each triangle with softened butter.  Sprinkle the brown sugar over the butter.  Just a small amount on each one.  In a small bowl mix the sugar and cinnamon until combined.  Sprinkle some cinnamon-sugar mix over each triangle, using desired amount.

Starting at the large end roll dough toward small point until a crescent is formed.  Place on a baking sheet.  Continue until all dough is rolled in crescents. 

Bake for 8-12 min or until golden brown.  Serve hot.


1 comment:

  1. my 11 year old is drooling over these - so am I!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...