Saturday, March 31, 2012

No Rise Pizza Dough


I'm back...It's spring...and look what I got!

I love spring flowers!!!
Don't you?

So bright and sunny looking.
They brighten my day!

Well I had the daddy of all computer router problems this week.  My power went out during our rain storm last Sunday and my surge protector didn't protect!  So I had no access all week.  Wow! It's amazing how life depends on being able to being on-line.  I was truely lost without it.  Even my smartphone just didn't cut it...it's not the same and not as user friendly as being on the old laptop!  All is well now...thank you!

I've been experimenting with different types of pizza dough lately.  I've even taken a class on how to make homemade pizza dough which made the best that I've had so far!  But that is not what we will be exploring today.  Today's recipe is for a pizza dough that is an everyday dough.  It's quick and doesn't need to rise.  Sounds strange huh?  That's what drew me to it as well!  Can you imagine coming home from work and making fresh pizza dough in a matter of minutes on a weeknight?  That's just what I did, and it worked!

I got this recipe from my sister's food processor reference guide.  So the dough is actually made in the food processor.  You could do this by hand as well, but it's much easier and quicker in a food processor.



 

This makes a really soft dough which is easy to roll out without much pull back.  Don't you hate it when you are rolling out dough and it keeps shrinking back!!  It's all in the formula, (flour type) which helps to make a pliable dough for rolling.



So you just mix it up, roll it out.  Let it rest a few minutes, then dress it up with your favorite toppings.  Simple as that!  I rolled mine thin cause I like it best that way.



Bake away and you have fresh homemade pizza on a weeknight!  The result?



It was good.  Not the best I've had, but not the worst either.  I would say this is a good basic recipe that will suffice in a pinch when you are in a hurry and don't have the time for allowing the dough to rise.  As I like my crust thin, I rolled this thin.  It still rose a little during the baking however, this a more dense crust.  Not crispy and airy like stone fired pizza crusts.  

Here's a better view of the crust...


I would make this again if I'm in a rush.  But if you have time maike the dough the regular way.  I've got my favorite pizza dough recipe coming up soon!

Oh, and as for the sauce...I have a killer recipe for pizza sauce that I'll share with you next!
Try this dough out for yourself and let me know what you opinion is.



No Rise Pizza Dough


Makes 1 pizza crust

1 pkg instant yeast
1 t sugar
2/3 c warm water
1 2/3 c flour
¾ t salt
2 t canola oil
1 ½ T cornmeal

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Mix yeast, sugar, and water in a small bowl and let stand for 10 minutes. 

Pour flour and salt in processor.  Turn on.  Pour yeast mixture through the feed tube.  Mix for 45 seconds until dough pulls away from the sides.  Add oil through the tube and mix another 60 seconds.  Dough should pull away from the side of bowl.  If it doesn’t pull away add another tablespoon of flour. 

Roll out dough to desired shape and thickness.  Sprinkle cornmeal on one side of the dough evenly and pat down so that it sticks to the dough.  This will be the bottom of your pizza.  Flip the dough over and place in pizza pan.  Top pizza with sauce and desired toppings.

Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and toppings are bubbly.





1 comment:

  1. wowo tasty pizza
    and easy to make

    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...