Saturday, January 14, 2012

Chicken Quesadilla Grande



Loving the flavors of Mexican food inspired my lunch creation for today.

Chicken Quesadilla Grande

Living in LA has provided me with a taste for Mexican food.  It's so readily available that we tend to eat it quite often.  I love the spicy flavors, the cheeses, the sauces...I can on and on about Mexican food.  So it's natural that I have ingredients in my pantry or refrigerator which allow me to make various Mexican dishes.

My pantry shopping challenge for the new year it really paying off.  Taking what I have on hand and whipping up a great meal leaves me an outlet for creativity.  I've also cut my shopping expenses in half so far...great savings for sure!  I've also made a good dent in my stockpile of food, cleaning out some items from the freezer, such as chicken.

This dish is full of flavor.  The bacon lends another dimension to the quesadilla, and store bought pico de gallo adds zip.  The chipotle sauce lends some heat.   This is great for a quick lunch, or dinner served with a side salad.

Try this version, it won't disappoint you! 

To assemble the quesadilla:

-Oil one side of two tortillas.  This will assist in the browning of the outside.
-Take a tortilla oiled side down and spread chipotle sauce over the surface.  (Chipotle sauce is   the sauce from a can of chipotle chilies).  



- Add the chopped or shredded chicken
- Add the shredded cheese






- Add the crumbled bacon
- Add the pico de gallo



Looks pretty good already!





- Top with the remaining tortilla oiled side up
- Place it in a hot skillet on medium heat.  Allow brown 2-3 min per side.  I place a lid on top to assist with melting the cheese.






-Remove from the skillet and cut in to triangle wedges.  Serve with favorite toppings.  Mine is sour cream with a dab of salsa.







Lunch is served!


Chicken Quesadilla Grande

serves 2

Ingredients:
2 flour tortillas - 8 inch size
vegetable oil
1 T. chipotle sauce
1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded or sliced
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
2 slices of cooked crumbled bacon
2 T pico de gallo

Toppings:
Sour cream
Salsa
Green Onions

Directions:
Place your tortillas flat on a work surface.  Brush a tiny amount of canola oil on the top of each tortilla.

Take one tortilla and place it oil side down.  Brush chipotle sauce on the surface of the tortilla.  Top with chicken, cheese, bacon crumbles, and pico de gallo.  Top with the other tortilla, oiled side up.

Brown in a preheated skillet on medium until filling is heated thoroughly, and cheese is melted. Cover with a lid.  Cook  2-3 minutes per side.

Remove from heat and cut in to triangle slices.  Serve with desired toppings.




Recipe has been linked up to:


Country Mama Cooks Saturday Link & Greet

2 comments:

  1. That looks really good.....I'd love for you to share this post at my first
    link & Greet party @CountryMommaCooks this weekend....have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up @CountryMommaCooks......hope to see ya next Saturday too:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...