Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mini Banana Bread Loaves




So I had to come up with a hostess gift for a good friend of mine but this friend is on a low carb diet.   I found this wonderful recipe from Kraft's Food & Family magazine for Banana Bread Minis and altered it to be sugar-free and/or low carb.  I picked this recipe because it intrigued me as it used a yellow cake mix.


I've never used a cake mix in a bread recipe before.  Will it work?  Will it be too moist? I've got to find out!


So off to the store I go to purchase sugar-free cake mix and sugar free pudding mix.  This really makes the bread low carb.  About 8-10 carbs per serving.  I found that the sugar free ingredients didn't change the texture or rising of the bread. They were moist, a little cake like, but very delicate with a wonder banana flavor.  They were beautiful and tasted so yummy!


I made 5 mini loaves with this recipe.  2 for my girlfriend, and I gave 2 to MGG to share with the guys that work for him, and kept the last for myself.  Ha Ha!


You certainly can try the full carb/sugar version.  Just substitute regular yellow cake mix and pudding mix for the sugar free ones.  






Hope you all try this recipe and let me know if you enjoyed it!


Let's get baking.


You will need:  1 box sugar-free yellow cake mix (Pillsbury), 1 small box of vanilla or banana sugar free pudding mix, eggs, water, oil, 2 large bananas, and some pecans.

Take your cake mix, pudding, eggs, water, and oil and place in a large mixing bowl.  Using a mixer, blend all ingredients until smooth.








Mash your bananas.




Add bananas, and chopped pecans to the batter.




Mix until incorporated.




Pour in to 5 prepared mini loaf pans. (You can use the tin foil ones!)  I used this Wilton Loaf Pan, which I LOVE, and they came out perfectly. 




Cook in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 min. 


Cool on wire rack and then serve!


See how cute they turned out!  My friend will love me forever!















Mini Banana Bread Loaves
prep time 10 min
total time 50 min
makes  20 servings or 5 loaves, 5 servings each


Ingredients:

1 pkg. sugar-free yellow cake mix
1 pkg.  Vanilla Flavor Sugar-Free Instant Pudding
4 eggs
1 cup  water
1/4 cup oil
2 large mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat first 5 ingredients in a large bowl with a mixer for 2 min. or until well blended.  Add bananas and nuts, mix just until blended.
Pour into 5 mini loaf pans sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake 35-40 min. or until toothpick inserted in the centers come out clean.  Cool completely on a wire rack.







7 comments:

  1. These do look so cute. I love how prettily you wrapped them up. I'm sure they make very tasty gifts. I hope you'll come by and link this up to Sweets for a Saturday #5. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this! yay banana bread, and anything mini rocks! glad to have found your blog!
    -meg
    @ http://www.clutzycooking.blogspot.com
    @ http://www.myscribblednotebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious and easy to make,I followed you from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this banana widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about recipes with bananas,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how these are wrapped! And they look/"sound" absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look very moist...Yum!

    Thank you for coming back
    To "Made it on Monday" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping in to show off some of your recipes at These Chicks Cook. These little banana breads look so cute packaged with the ribbon and papers. Hope you can come back by and share another recipe Wednesday. Enjoy your weekend :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beth,
    I just love your presentation of your Mini banana Bread. Your recipe looks delicious. I love your blog and I am your newest follower. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again real soon. Hope you are having a great week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...