Thursday, December 1, 2016

Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Taco Meat





Yum

I love my slow cooker, I really do. 


I think I've mentioned a few times that I got the Breville Risotto Plus last year for Christmas, which is an excellent multi cooker that sauté's, make risotto, steams veggies and rice and is a slow cooker to boot!  I certainly have put this baby to good use over the last year and since the weather has finally turned cold it's definitely slow cooker weather!



Plus, since my marathon cooking fest for Thanksgiving, I've got to admit that I'm a little tired of cooking (still)...and the slow cooker totally helps me out by doing everything for me.  I love coming home to a meal that is ready, don't you?


Today, we are doing a riff on my Easy Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken recipe, but with a Mexican twist.  Same concept by adding chicken breasts to the slow cooker, but with some added taco seasoning and some diced tomatoes.  Oh boy, this is one of my favorite base recipes because you can make sooooo many different dishes with this one chicken.  I'll be sharing several of those with you over the next several posts to give you some inspiration. 

SLOW COOKER SHREDDED CHICKEN TACO MEAT

This is another dump and go recipe.  Just add your ingredients and then you can leave for the day.  Cook this on low for 6-8 hours or 3-4 on high and you'll have cooked chicken flavored perfectly for tacos, enchiladas, taco salad, nachos, tostadas, or whatever your heart desires!



Be sure to try this one, you don't want to miss out on something that tastes this great, and is so easy to make.  It takes Taco Tuesday to a whole new level.

Enjoy!





Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Taco Meat


1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 packet taco seasoning
14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes


Place chicken, taco seasoning, and tomatoes into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.  Remove chicken from the cooker to a cutting board.  Shred with 2 forks and place the chicken back into the cooker and stir to mix all the ingredients.  Use the shredded meat in your favorite dishes.










No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...