Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Banana Cream Pie Smoothie


OH! Its summer time around here, and that means smoothie time!

I am a smoothie girl to the max! I can't think of a better drink other than iced tea that I love more because of all the fresh fruits and different flavors that you can concoct in a smoothie.

I seem to always have bananas laying around. I love bananas.  I buy them every week and never seem to eat as many bananas as my eyes tell me I can! Therefore I have that "getting ripe" bananas sitting on the counter staring at me.  I actually don't like rip bananas (I like them a little green!) so this is a dilemma for me.  The only thing good about this is that you can make banana bread, banana muffins, and banana smoothies!


This smoothie came from my love of cream pies. I love love love chocolate meringue pie and banana cream pie. There were two of my favorites desserts growing up. Mom was a cream pie expert and I got my love of pies from her. Since I can't make a cream pie right now I thought I would take the flavors of a banana cream pie and put it into a smoothie. Genius!

This smoothie is decadent and creamy and has all the flavors of a cream pie. I even rimmed the glass with crushed graham crackers to give it that extra little something. This one's a winner and it's easy to make. I'm sure you're going to love it!

Enjoy!

Banana Cream Pie Smoothie

serves 2

1 large banana (ripe!)
1 c low fat yogurt, plain or vanilla
1/2 c 2% milk
2 tablespoons of crushed graham crackers (about 1/2 cookie sheet)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla (if not using vanilla flavored yogurt)
1 cup of ice cubes
graham cracker crumbs (optional)

Place all ingredients from the banana to the ice cubes in a blender.  Blend until ice is crushed and drink is thick and smooth.  Pour into 2 glasses and sprinkle with graham crackers if desired.  (or dip your glass rims in water and in the graham cracker crumbs for a nice touch)  Serve with a straw.

adapted from Cooking Light


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...