Friday, August 2, 2013

Chunky Guacamole


Having a little backyard bash. 


When the weather is so warm it makes you want to punch someone or yell in road rage all the way home from work, it's definitely too hot to cook inside.  Don't you think?

Time to cool off (literally) with a few friends, some margaritas and great food.  I thought that we'd start off this summer bash with a old favorite of ours, my Chunky Guacamole.  It's just like the table side guacamole they make in the restaurants.  We adore the chunkiness and spicy flavors and I make it quite often in the summer time.  It is soooo good that if I don't watch MGG he will eat it all before I get any....seriously, not joking one bit.   I learn from experience!

So this dip is easy to make.  I serve it with tortilla chips that we bake.  It would be great on tacos, grilled chicken, or alongside any Mexican dish.  


So, come on over and bring your margarita glass.  I'll have the dip waiting!

Chunky Guacamole

2-3 large Haas avocados
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1/4 c red onion, diced
1/2 c Roma tomato, seeds removed, chopped
1 jalapeno,  minced
1/2 c cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1 Lime
Salt to Taste


Cut the avocados in half. Remove the pits.  Scoop the avocado from the skins, and then slight chop with a fork leaving it chunky.  Add remaining ingredients and mix gently.  Eat immediately or cover and refrigerate for an hour to blend flavors. 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, wow. This looks great. I haven't made guacamole before, but this looks like a great recipe

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...