Sunday, October 5, 2014

Fall Flavor Profiles: Apples

It's apple season and I'm in heaven!

Always one of my favorite foods, apples are wonderful ingredients to many of our fall favorites.  I usually try to pick several new apples each year to try.  This year I've been eating a lot of Envy apples.  Nice, crisp, and sweet/tart.  I've also devoured my share of Jazz apples, and just recently bought several Honeycrisps.

Have you been apple picking?  This is something I want to do this year!  I've found a town outside of Los Angeles, that has many different farms that produce an array of apples. I'm on my way!

I've gathered some of my favorite apple recipes to share with you today to get you in the mood.  The mood for cooking with apples that is.  Or, the mood for fall...your pick!  (oops a pun, 'pick' apples...get it?)
Anyway, I hope you try a recipe or two and let me know what your favorite apple dish is.



Apple Cider Quick Bread - so moist an delicious.  One of my favorite fall breakfast dishes...or dessert...or with tea!


Crispy Chicken, Apple, and Spinach Salad - oh my this is a good salad.  A must try!


Fuji Apple Chicken Salad- another great salad that's very, very popular.  My version of Panera's salad by the same name (copycat recipe)


Apple Cider Iced Tea - boy do I love this tea.  Just a hint of apples makes this tea extra special.


Honey Apple Pancakes - one of the best comfort foods for breakfast!


Verna's Apple Crisp - a down home country favorite.  YUM YUM!

Happy picking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...