Thursday, November 7, 2013

Bananas Foster Sundae


It's time for a little decadence...


I'll let you in on a little secret.  MGG has to weaknesses and I know what they are...

Snacks and Ice Cream.  Yes, that's right.  Ice Cream.

He loves to have a bite of ice cream for dessert. 

Daily.

It's his guilty pleasure...

I'm sure we all know about those don't we?  So as usual the other night after dinner he's wanting a scoop of ice cream.  I decided to make him a special treat by creating a Bananas Foster Sundae for him instead of his usual cone.

I grab some ripe bananas, slice them and throw them in a skillet with melted butter, rum, cinnamon, and sugar.  Oh my!  I remember the first time I had Bananas Foster at a Mardi Gras themed party. and it made such an impression.  One that stuck with me.  The flavors are outstanding.


So this sundae is a play off of the original dessert.  Combining the flavors and then using them as a topping for vanilla ice cream.  The bomb if I do say so myself! 

Oh...and...
Truth be told I have a weakness for Ice Cream as well. 




Bananas Foster Sundae

Serves 2

2 T butter
¼ c packed brown sugar
¼ t cinnamon
½ t dark rum
2 T water
1 large banana, sliced
Vanilla Ice Cream

In a medium of medium heat, melt butter. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, rum and water. Stir to combine. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar is melted. Add banana slices, and cook 1 minute. Serve over ice cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...