Monday, November 18, 2013

Thanksgiving Decorations!



I can't believe the year has gone by so fast and it's already time for Thanksgiving.

I know that you all are planning your menu and getting ready to prepare tried and true favorites for that special dinner.  Me included!

But, before I share a few new recipes to try this Thanksgiving Day I wanted to share with you something just as important.  Thanksgiving decorations and tips!  I love to dress a table.  I do it often even for casual dinners.  The tablescape to me is a creative expression that sets the tone for the food.  

Let's have some fun and take a look at some of my favorite Thanksgiving tablescapes.

Centerpiece:

 
(terrible picture...sorry!)

A large hurricane sleeve filled with fresh gourds, pumpkins, squashes, and fall leaves.  Perfect for the season.

 
Birch tree candles from Pier One top clear glasses pillar holders of varying heights.  The pillar holders are from Pottery Barn.  A nice fall runner and some pine boughs and white pumpkins help keep this seasonal and elegant.

Place Settings:


Each place setting holds a wonderful stoneware leaf salad/dessert plate and is topped with a bottle brush turkey that can also be used as a place card holder.  A bit of whimsy.


A more rustic yet elegant styled table.  Antique silver charges topped with grey dinner plats and topped with a wonderful pumpkin salad/dessert plate are all wrapped in linen napkins.  Rustic wood flatware add a cozy touch.  Serving dishes are a joy when shaped in fall pumpkins.  Serving dishes and dessert plates from Williams-Sonoma.



Serving Tips:

 

I've posted this cute way to serve finger foods before.  I just love the idea for olives or pickles so much that I had to share it again.

VEGGIE BOWLS

Carry the harvest theme one step further with bowls made from fresh squash.
What you need:
  • Winter squash such as butternut or acorn
  • Olives
Make it
  1. Cut squash so you are left with the ”bowl” of the vegetable to carve into a container.
  2. Scoop seeds and stringy flesh from the inside of each squash.
  3. Wash and dry well.
  4. Slice a small piece off the bottom of each so they sit flat.
  5. Place on a platter or tray and fill with olives.

I hope I've brought you some inspiration and that you have fun decorating for this very special day!

1 comment:

  1. These are amazing decorations of your thanksgiving party and hope these ideas will help me in decorating venue of our housewarming party which is being arranged at an excellent event space San Francisco. Planning to decorate venue in grand fashion.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...