Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Easter Dishes 2013


I'm planning out my menu for Easter Sunday, hope you are too!

I just heard that it's supposed to rain here on Easter.  That's okay.  It gives us an excuse to stay inside and eat the wonderful feast, and then curl up on the couch for a movie.

First, let's talk tablescapes.  Time to pull out the fancy dishes and decorate the table for the special meal.

Here is what my table will look like.

  
I created the centerpiece with  two large stalks of grass that are sprinkled with butterflies.  Three bowls, everyday cereal bowls, used to hold speckled eggs tying the centerpiece together.  Add a bunny (gotta have a bunny) a nice runner, and some outstanding rose patterned bowls and salad plates.  These top some basic white dishes.  Add some wine glasses and you are good to go.  This is perfect for Easter brunch, dinner or lunch.  It really sets the mood.   


 (Just need to add some fancy napkins and cute holders, some flatware and I'm set!)

On to the food...This year I'm being really adventurous and making all new dishes for Easter.  Crazy, I know!  But I have confidence that they will all turn out okay, and I'm trying to pick a variety of dishes that don't take all day to make.  I think I've got it down.

Since I haven't made any of these recipes yet I don't have pics to show you.  But want I want to provide you with are the recipes so you can get some inspiration for your own dishes.


Salad:  Spinach and Strawberry Salad
Main Course:  Ginger and Thyme Brined Pork Loin
Vegetable:  Steamed Carrots with Garlic-Ginger Butter
Starch:  Roasted Acorn Squash with Quinoa and Red Rice Stuffing
Bread:  Bunny Tail Buns
Dessert:  Carrot Cake With Fluffy Cream Cheese Frosting

Anyone have any ideas for another dish???  Or maybe a great drink?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...