Sunday, March 3, 2013

Peanut Butter Banana Sandwich aka "The Elvis"


I'm running out the door...

Today's "MY" day.  The day I do things that I want.  Pampering day, shopping day, anything that tickles my fancy.  So I'm off to attend a couple of classes.  First up is a class on making Easter Baskets.  Easter is a favorite holiday of mine, so making an Easter basket is right up my alley.  Brings back so many great childhood memories.  

And, it that is not enough, I'm attending another class too!  A cooking class discovering the many dishes using fresh spring vegetables.  How cool is that!  I can't wait to share these recipes with you.

Needless to say I'm running around the house trying to get ready.  One thing about me....I'm hungry in the morning.  My stomach is actually yelling "feed me" from the moment I wake up.  Always has been...always will.  So a quick on the go breakfast is a must today.

Do you find yourself ever needing a good breakfast, one that travels well?  One you can take with you and eat along the way?  I think there are always times like that. This sandwich is perfect for on the go rush breakfasts.  The combination is classic peanut butter, bananas, and toast.  Also known as "The Elvis" (I'm a huge Elvis fan!) This is wholesome and good for you, if you use the right ingredients.


To make this lighter we use a light wheat bread (lower calories and carbs), light peanut butter (lower fat and sodium), and a banana (healthy as is!).  Simple to make, full or protein, and easy to eat on the run.  Plus the kids will love it!

Hope you enjoy my "quick" breakfast sandwich.  "Thank you, thank you very much!"

Peanut Butter Banana Sandwich aka "The Elvis"

serves 1

2 slices of light wheat bread
4 T light peanut butter
1 medium banana, sliced

Toast the wheat bread until golden brown.  Spread peanut butter on both slices of bread.  Top one bread slice with banana slices covering the peanut butter.  Top with the other slice of bread, peanut butter side down.   Slice sandwich in half and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...