Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Best "Herby" Bread


I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.   

We had a fantastic one.  I just noticed that while I brought you a great pasta dish to serve on Christmas Eve...I FORGOT the bread!  My gosh, what is a great pasta without a great bread?

The good thing is this pasta can be made anytime...and you can still make the bread!  Even better, New Year's Eve is right around the corner and this bread would make a great appetizer.

This bread is not unlike your typical garlic bread.  I usually make the standard garlic and butter bread, broiled in the oven.  One day I decided to give it a little twist and added olive oil to replace the butter and some herbs for a little zip.  It was the birth of a new fabulous creation.  From then on MGG has been asking for that "Herby" Bread!


Now I consider myself a bread connoisseur.  It's a weakness with me, you see. I swoon over piping hot bread slathered with butter, there's nothing more pleasureful.   That being said, take it from me, the bread-aholic, this bread is the BEST herby garlic bread you will find.

Enjoy!

The Best "Herby" Bread

makes 10 - 12 slices (20-24 for appetizers)

1 loaf of Italian or French bread
2-3 T olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced fine
1 t oregano
1/4 t thyme
1 T grated Parmesan

Preheat the broiler. 
Slice the loaf in half lengthwise.  Brush olive oil on the cut side of each half.  Sprinkle the garlic, oregano, thyme, and Parmesan on top of the olive oil.  Place the loaves on a flat baking sheet.  Place in the oven under the broiler for about 2 minutes or until the edges are brown and the toppings are bubbly.  

Slice each half into 5-6 pieces.  Serve immediately.  For appetizers cut each half into 10-12 small slices.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Beth Your bread looks delish even at 8:30 am Happy New Year Andi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful bread - definitely a must with pasta :)
    I wish you a wonderful New Year !

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...