Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pie Dough Cookies



Who loves Pie Dough Cookies?


I do...I do!


This is a throwback from my childhood.  Whenever mom made a pie (and she made a lot of pies, cause she's the queen of pies!) she would use the leftover pie dough and bake cookies for me.  Nothing fancy, just simple little strips with cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on top.


Man oh man, I would wait in anticipation for those cookies!  Finally they would come out of the oven and I would get my first bite...ah...the tender flaky crust, with just a hint of cinnamon and sugar!  Fabulous!  I still love them.


So in keeping with mom's tradition, whenever I make a pie I make pie dough cookies too.  


Take a look at these pies....








and here are the pie dough cookies....so tasty!






So use your left over pie dough (if you're not making fancy leaves to decorate with... of course) to make your kids...or yourself...hehe! some simple cookies.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...