Sunday, January 1, 2012

21 Ways to Top a Bagel



Happy New Year!

Wishing you all the best year yet!


When the new year begins I always think of a organization, eating healthy, and how to make budget friendly meals.


For the past few days I've been going through drawers and getting rid of items that are not needed, packing for donations etc....organizing shelves in the meantime, hence the organization.


Another quest is to eat more whole grains, fruit, and vegetables this year.  That should help the eating healthy goal!


And I have to admit, I have a little bit of a stock pile when it comes to food.  I buy on sale, and freeze.  Which is good right?  I'm also known to buy more food instead of eating what's in the freezer already....eeks!  Bad...Bad.


So I'm taking a new approach and planning my menus around items I have on hand, with a little help for the grocer.  This should save on the budget!






One way to get the most use out of your food is to utilize an item in different ways.  So I bring to you a post using bagels!  I love them, doesn't everybody?  They are so versatile.  You can use them to prepare breakfast or lunch, plain or all fancied up! Now I don't freeze these but who can buy just one bagel?  So buy several, or a bagful...they are perfect for a variety of toppings.  Here are some of my favorites.  



21 Ways to Top a Bagel

  • Plain Butter. That’s it…enough said! 
  • Strawberry or Grape Jelly
  • Peanut Butter
  • Peanut Butter and Grape Jelly
  • Peanut Butter and Honey
  • Cream Cheese
  • Cottage Cheese, plain or with cucumbers and tomatoes 
  • Tomato and Mozzarella, broiled
  • Cream Cheese and Sliced Cucumbers
  • Scrambled Egg and Cheese
  • Scrambled Egg and Tomato
  • Sliced Tomato and Grated cheddar cheese, melted
  • Pizza Bagel - tomato sauce and grated Cheese, melted
  • Chicken Salad
  • Turkey Deli slices with mustard, tomato, and lettuce
  • Pumpkin Butter
  • Lox and Cream Cheese
  • Apple Butter
  • Cream Cheese with Pecans and Raisins
  • Hummus
  • Nutella
Enjoy a bagel tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...