Saturday, May 31, 2014

It’s carrot season! Ginger Glazed Roasted Carrots & Green Beans


It’s carrot season!

Although carrots grow all year round they are their sweetest during the springtime.  I love a good carrot. I tend to look for larger carrots that may have a woody core, but the flavor is so much sweeter.  


I usually snack on raw carrots (daily) which is my first choice and favorite way to eat them.  Besides using them in stews, pot roasts, soups, and such, I also love to roast carrots.


Roasted carrots are easy and they are the perfect complement to a springtime meal.  They go with most meat dishes and bring a little freshness to your plate.


Today I wanted to share with you my recipe for Ginger Glazed Roasted Carrots and Green Beans.  I served this alongside a wonderful pork tenderloin to a light spring dinner we had recently.  Both the carrots and green beans came out perfectly as the roasting brought out the sweetness and the glaze just boosted the flavor.  I use a wonderful ginger from Gourmet Garden that is paste that comes in a tube.  Super handy!  I got mine from my local grocery store and I’m sure you will find it as well.  But if not, substitute ground ginger and use just a little less.



Try some wonderful spring vegetables this weekend.  Carrots are a great one to start with and they pair so well with the green beans.  This recipe is easy to put together and you will love the results.


Enjoy!



Ginger Glazed Roasted Carrots & Green Beans

serves 4

1/2 lb carrots, trimmed, peeled and sliced lengthwise

1/4 lb green beans, trimmed
1 tbsp olive oil
¼ c honey
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp ginger (Gourmet Garden)
¼ salt
¼ pepper


Preheat over to 400 degrees.  Place carrots and green beans on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.  Toss to coat.  Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes, stirring once half way through the cooking time.


Meanwhile combine honey, butter, and ginger in a small saucepan over medium heat.  Heat until it starts to bubble and then reduce and simmer for 1-2 minutes.


Remove vegetables from the oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Drizzle glaze over the carrots and green beans and toss to coat.  Serve immediately.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...