Wednesday, December 18, 2013

"The Fudge"

How about a classic Holiday candy?

Who doesn't love fudge?

Mom has made fudge every year at Christmas time ever since I can remember.  I and try to make it every year as well.  Sometimes I'm so bogged down with shopping and getting everything ready for the holiday that I don't have time.  It's those years that I miss having fudge around.

So this year I made sure to have it on my list of holiday goodies to make.  I've been bringing you several of the goodies so far, and today is all about "The Fudge".   This is what MGG calls it...not just fudge, but "THE Fudge"!



Well this fudge has been around forever.  My mom made it and now I use the same recipe, which by the way, comes out perfect time and again.  It's the Fantasy Fudge recipe on the back of the marshmallow creme jar!  I'm sure you've heard of it....if not, then you MUST try this now!

Simple to do, just follow the directions, and don't skip of the boiling part. It is required to boil until reaching 234 degrees in order for the fudge to set up correctly. (Trust me it won't set up if you don't do this step!)  The rest is easy peasy!  I make mine plain chocolate.  No nuts, no nothing.  But you can add them if you want.




Enjoy my favorite fudge!

"The Fudge"

by Kraft (from the back of the marshmallow creme jar)

3 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine
1 small can (5 oz.) evaporated milk (about 2/3 cup) (Do not use sweetened condensed milk.)
3 pkg. (4 oz. each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
1 jar (7 oz.) JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme
1 tsp. vanilla

Line a 9x11" pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. 


Bring sugar, butter and evaporated milk to full rolling boil in 3-qt. saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 4 min. or until candy thermometer reaches 234°F, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.

Add chocolate and marshmallow creme; stir until melted. Add vanilla; mix well.

Pour into prepared pan; spread to cover bottom of pan. Cool completely. Use foil handles to lift fudge from pan before cutting into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...