Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fast & Fresh: Balsamic Glazed Green Beans



I have a perfect side dish as my newest "Fast & Fresh" entry.


My Balsamic Glazed Green Beans are the perfect seasonal side dish.  They compliment most every dish, and utilize fresh green beans, straight from the farmer's market (or grocery store!).  I recently made them with my Lemon Cilantro Chicken Scaloppini and they were great together.  


The fresh seasonal ingredients, minimal preparation, and quick cooking time qualify these as "Fast & Fresh"!


I adore this side dish, but I'm partial to green beans.  I'm sure that you and your families will enjoy this, and possibly become a favorite of your too!






Tell me, what is your favorite way to use green beans?


Balsamic Glazed Green Beans 


serves 4-6


3/4 lb fresh green beans
1 T. butter
3 T. shallots, minced
2 T. garlic, minced
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper


Blanch 3/4 lb. of fresh green beans in boiling water for 4-5 minutes, until tender crisp.  Remove from water.  While beans are cooking melt 1 T. butter in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add 3 T. minced shallots and 2 T. of minced garlic.  Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.  Add 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.  Cook for 2-3 minutes, allowing to thicken slightly.  Add green beans and toss to coat.  Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...