Friday, January 28, 2011

Stay Tuned...Pumpkin Pancakes

I'm off to visit my family in Tennessee tomorrow for some much needed R&R. While I'm there we plan to cook up some of our family favorites and do some recipe testing so I can come back and share all the yummies with you.

In the meantime I'll leave you with a recipe from my recipe box.  
Indulge yourself and have some pancakes over the weekend.  They're good!
When I come back in a week, I'll join you!



Pumpkin Pancakes


INGREDIENTS

1 1/3 cup flour
1  t Pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoons of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 eggs (separated)
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
3/4 cups pumpkin (one 15 ounce can)
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoons vanilla
4 T melted butter, slightly cooled


DIRECTIONS

Whisk together flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
With a hand mixer, whip egg whites until stiff but not dry.
Mix together buttermilk, pumpkin, sugar, vanilla and butter. Make a well in the dry ingredients and fold in buttermilk-pumpkin mixture; do not over mix. Gently fold egg whites into batter.
Cook on a hot grill until bubbles form at the edges. Flip and cook 2 to 3 minutes more.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...