Sunday, July 7, 2013

Thai Chicken and Rice Wraps



Hi there! I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July holiday!

Our holiday was wonderful.  Good times, good friends, and excellent food if I do say so myself!  I'll be sharing some great grilling recipes that we came up with shortly.  They are perfect to make all summer long.

But first I want to share this wonderful dish made mainly of leftovers!  This is the e a s i e s t dish to put together.  You can certainly make this on a busy weeknight, or put it together for a nice lunch or light weekend dinner.  The flavors are right on spot!  The inspiration?  One of our favorite Thai places serves their version of chicken lettuce wraps which we ADORE!  So I knew it was only a matter of time before I recreated them. 

We have been so busy getting ready for our new house, packing, paperwork etc...that I don't have energy to cook a full blown meal right now.  Nor the gumption for that matter.  So quick and easy meals, thrown together literally, are for me. 

Like I said, I made this the easy way...using leftovers of course!  You can use some roasted chicken breasts that have been shredded and leftover cooked rice. I always make extra chicken when I roast breasts cause you can use it in salads, wraps, and this dish!  Same goes for rice.  I always make extras when I make stir fry.   If you don't have leftovers then buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it up and make some rice, or buy some pre-cooked packaged rice.  It's all good.  But really, this is the best recipe for leftovers!

The flavor punch is in the sauce, so make sure to make that and spread it over your lettuce wraps to give it that punch.  A wonderful, quick dinner, you won't be disappointed.  The taste is perfect with all the combination of Asian ingredients.  I served this with a simple side of Sugar Snap peas that I'll be sharing next.  A perfect combination for a quick and easy meal!

Enjoy!

Thai Chicken and Rice Wraps


Serves 2

2 t rice vinegar
1 T plus 1 t Asian chili garlic sauce (such as Sriracha)
1 ½ t grated fresh ginger
3 T sesame oil, divided
1 c shredded cooked chicken
1 clove garlic, minced
½ c cilantro, chopped
4 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
1 c hot cooked rice

Combine vinegar, chili sauce, ginger and 1 ½ t sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside.

Heat remaining oil in a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and garlic and stir until thoroughly heated through, about 4 minutes. Add cilantro and stir to combine.

Place 2 lettuce leaves on each serving plate. Spoon rice onto the lettuce leaves and top with chicken mixture dividing evenly. Serve with the vinegar mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...