Friday, February 24, 2012

Pecan Chicken Strips



I really like chicken.


I like's it's versatility.  It's kind of a blank canvas waiting for you to do something to it to jazz it up. It lends itself to building flavors with spices, marinades, or breading.  It can be baked, broiled, grilled, and sauteed.  So versatile.


So for easy weeknight meals, and for healthy eating (cause I'm a beef lover too!) I turn to chicken often for my dinner.  


This time I explored baking.  But not just plain old baked chicken.  I wanted a crispy crusted chicken.  So I came up with a pecan coating that just satisfied my craving.


Again, since this is a weeknight meal, I wanted something quick and easy to make.  This fit both goals equally.  Baking allows for the ease.  The oven takes care of the cooking for you.  And quick?  30 minute baking time!  Can't beat that, and it allows me to do other household chores while it's cooking.


I made mine with chicken tenders, however they are perfect with breasts as well.  Serve with a vegetable and a mixed green salad.  Such a great meal with wonderful complex flavors.















Pecan Chicken Strips


Serves 4


1 c cornflakes, crumbled
1/2 c chopped pecans
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t onion powder
salt & pepper
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 lb of chicken tenders


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


In a pie plate or dipping pan combine the cornflakes, pecans, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.  In a separate plate place beaten eggs.


Dip the chicken tenders in the egg mixture, covering both sides. Dip in the cornflake pecan mixture, coating both sides.  Place a cooling rack inside a large cookie sheet, and place the chicken on the rack.  This will help keep the bottoms crispy when cooked.  Bake 30 minutes, or until chicken is done and juices run clear.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth,
    I can't wait to try your recipe, it looks fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week end and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...