Friday, April 8, 2011

Berry Parfaits



Anyone want a snack?

How about a KISS?

I often eat yogurt as a healthy snack during the day.  It's tangy creaminess makes me feel like I'm cheating.  I usually get the "lite" version which has less sugar and carbs. 

When it starts to get berry season I crave fruit.  Walking through the produce section of the store makes me long for summer!  The other day I spotted the first ripe strawberries of the season (locally grown!) and some gorgeous blueberries.

I had to have them....so I did.

Now this is just the easiest thing to make.  You just need 2 individual yogurt cups (any flavor you choose), some cut up strawberries, blueberries, and some Cheerios cereal for a little crunch!

Here's how you put this together.  Take two pretty glasses.  Add 1/2 container of vanilla yogurt in each glass.  Add some sliced strawberries, blueberries, and some cereal.  Add another layer of yogurt using 1/2 of the container per glass.  I used strawberry.  Add more cereal, sliced strawberries, and top with  blueberries.

KISS - keep it super simple!

Enjoy your snack!


Berry Parfaits

Serves 2

1 individual container of vanilla "lite" yogurt
1 individual container of strawberry "lite" yogurt
sliced strawberries
fresh blueberries
Cheerios cereal

Layer yogurt with cereal and fruit in a glass. Alternating layers with different flavors of yogurt, ending with fruit on the top.


1 comment:

  1. I love the cheerios cereal in this! This is a good way to get my son to eat yogurt too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...