Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Crispy Baked Chicken Flautas





Yum


Recently I had a huge craving for Flautas.  Weird huh?

Believe me I love a good taquito and have ordered them a zillion times over the years eating out at our favorite Mexican restaurants, but I really do love a good Chicken Flauta too.  I think it must be the flour tortilla that turns into this light and flaky yummy goodness when they fry them.



Out here in Los Angeles, our taquitos are made with corn tortillas and the flautas are made with flour tortillas.  So when I make either of them, that's how they have to be.  I grew up with them that way!

The other day we were going out to dinner, intending to eat Mexican food, and I was all set to get me some Flautas.  Well we ended up eating Italian and I was craving the Flautas ever since!  That's when I decided to cook up a big batch of Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Taco Meat, which I posted the other day in anticipation of making Crispy Baked Chicken Flautas.





CRISPY BAKED CHICKEN FLAUTAS

I decided to bake them to save on all the fat you get when you fry them.  Who doesn't want a healthier Flauta?  These were so easy to throw together and with the chicken already made half the battle was already done.  I added sour cream to the chicken for a creamy filling, along with cheese, and flour tortillas.  I used what I had which were a little large, so I cut the tortillas in half and rolled them up.  I would suggest using a 6 inch fajita size if available.



You guys, these are SO GOOD. The chicken really tastes good and when you bake them at a high temperature they turn nice and crispy. You need to make these ASAP.








Crispy Baked Chicken Flautas

1/2 cup sour cream
10 fajita size flour tortillas (6 inches)
1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
cooking spray
Garnish:  sour cream, guacamole, salsa

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.


In a medium bowl add the chicken and the sour cream.  Mix until well blended. 

Spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture along the edge of the tortilla.  Sprinkle with a little cheese and roll up.  Place seam side down on a baking sheet.  Repeat with remaining tortillas. 

Spray the flautas lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes, turn them over and bake for 8 minutes, or until crispy. Serve with garnishes.










    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...