Sunday, June 14, 2015

Chicken Taco Pizza


I love French bread pizzas.

They bring back memories of mom making them for me when I was growing up.  There is just something about the way the bread gets all crispy when it's cooked.  It's just the perfect vessel for pizza....other than pizza dough!

So today is the day that I re-created my childhood memories.  So digging through the frig to see what I have in leftovers I pull out some shredded chicken, tomatoes and some Mexican cheese I had stashed.  So I decide to mix it up and make this a Mexican flavored pizza. 



Oh my!  This satisfied my pizza craving and it boosted my mood with the Mexican flavors!  Yum!

This is one the kids are sure to love.  Easy to make for lunch as snack, or a quick weeknight dinner.  Make sure to try this soon and keep it in your rotation.
It's that good!



Chicken Taco Pizza

serves 4

1 French Bread loaf
1 cup pizza sauce (or you could use salsa)
1 Tbsp taco seasoning mix
3/4 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
1 tomato diced (optional topping)
additional toppings optional: olives, green onions, avocado.


Split French Bread Loaf in half crosswise and then spit both pieces in half lengthwise.  

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Place bread pieces cut side up on a cookie sheet.  Spread pizza sauce over each slice.  Sprinkle taco seasoning over the sauce evenly.  Divide chicken among the bread slices.  Top with cheese.  Sprinkle with diced tomato.  Add any additional toppings if desired.

Bake 10-13 minutes until bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.  Allow to cool 2-3 minutes and serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...