Monday, March 10, 2014

Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Butterscotch Coffee Cake


I've secretly loved coffee cake for years...

Well, okay, it's not really a secret.  But I do, I do love coffee cake.  I remember my first cinnamon coffee cake, the yellow cake with the crumb topping piled high.  I thought I had died and gone to heaven!  Then came my mom's coffee bundt cake with the swirl of cinnamon and nuts inside.  Man was that good.

So over the years MGG and I have enjoyed a variety of coffee cakes.  He loves it with his coffee, and I love it for breakfast with my hot tea...or dessert...or a snack...okay and dinner too!


Today I wanted to share one of our favorites.  This one is full of chocolate, peanut butter, and butterscotch.  Oh, how I love hot melted chocolate.  It just does it for me.  The 3 flavors together are outstanding.  I love this recipe since it is easy to pull together.  Using some help from a can of biscuits you don't have to make a dough.  This is perfect when you want to through something together quickly and still have the results be full of flavor and company worthy.  

I have a dozen different coffee cakes to share with you.  I better get baking!


What is your favorite coffee cake?


Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Butterscotch Coffee Cake

serves 6

1/2 c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 can of large buttermilk biscuits (8 count)
4 Tbs. of butter, melted
2 Tbs chocolate chips
2 Tbs peanut butter chips
2 Tbs butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 9 inch cake pan with cooking spray.  Set aside.  In a medium bowl mix the sugar and cinnamon.

Separate the 8 biscuits.  Cut each biscuit in to quarters.  Dip quarters in melted butter and then roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.  Place in the prepared pan, covering the bottom of the pan.  Sprinkle all flavored chips over the dough quarters.

Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through the center.  Cool 10 minutes in pan. Serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...