Sunday, November 1, 2020

Apple Cider Muffins

The BEST Fall muffins are filled with apple cider and bursting with tart apple bites.  Hot from the oven these muffins will leave you warm and cozy!



My Fall baking continues.  Since I baked a pumpkin dish last time (Essential Pumpkin Bread) I thought I would switch it up to my other favorite fall flavor...Apples!  Boy how I love apples, and it doesn't matter how they are made I just love the flavor.  I even look for apple flavored sparkling water I love them so much.



APPLE CIDER MUFFINS

Let's take my basic muffin recipe and tweak it into something heavenly for fall.  With ingredients like apple cider, apple chunks, cinnamon, and a cinnamon sugar topping how can we go wrong?  One bowl and a few ingredients and you are on your way to the best Fall muffins around.  A quick bake in the oven and breakfast is on the table in under 30 minutes.



Perfect for breakfast, a Autumn brunch, grab and go snacks, or even as a warm dessert with a little vanilla ice cream (I won't tell!).   We just loved the moist rich flavors of these muffins and will all the warming spices they were dare I say...perfect!



Enjoy!



Apple Cider Muffins


small batch - 6-7 muffins


1 egg
1/2 cup apple cider
1/4 cup canola oil
1 Tablespoon boiled cider (optional)
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tart apple (such as jazz or granny smith), cored and peeled, diced small

Topping:
1/4 cup sugar
1/1 teaspoon cinnamon


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.

In a large bowl add the egg, apple cider, and oil and boiled apple cider (if using).  Mix together using a whisk.

Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.  Stir just until combined.  Do not over mix.  Fold in the diced apples.  

Using a cookie scoop, add batter to the individual muffin tins.  Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on the tops of each muffin.  Bake 18-20 minutes.  Remove from the oven and allow to cool 5-10 minutes in the tin.  Serve warm or at room temperature.








 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...