Sunday, January 22, 2017

Optimize your cooking time: One Pot Meat Lovers Pizza Ravioli Bake




Yum

I'm and avid cookbook hoarder collector.  I have tons of cookbooks that I've collected over the years.

At some point (when my bookcase was full!) I had to stop buying them.  But then the magic of the Kindle Fire was born that allows you to buy kindle cookbook versions and store them digitally.  Woohoo!  I'm back to collecting cookbooks without taking up literal space in my house.  How dangerous is that?




One of my recent purchases is by the blogger Joanne Cismaru of the blog, Jo Cooks.  She has a wonderful blog and her book is titled "30 Minute One Pot Meals" which is geared toward busy cooks who need fast flavorful meals on the table in 30 minutes, using 1 pan!  Sounds perfect for me during hectic weeknights.

Browsing the book I came across a recipe for Quick Pizza Tortellini Bake.  This sounded sooo good, plus I get to use my newest 10" Cast Iron Skillet.  Since I didn't have exactly all the ingredients she used I made a variation of that and One Pot Meat Lovers Pizza Ravioli Bake was born.




ONE POT MEAT LOVERS PIZZA RAVIOLI BAKE


Filled with hearty sausage filled ravioli and cooked in a mouthwatering sauce that has pepperoni in it, then topped with cheese that melts into ooey gooey goodness.  This is seriously one kick-ass meal!  Everyone, especially the kids, will love it! 



As everything is made in one skillet, you can optimize your cooking time and get dinner on the table quickly, in 30 minutes in this case.  Using one pan also makes clean up a breeze.  Don't you love that?  I sure do!  This was such a tasty dinner and if you crave pizza but only have pasta on hand make this dish.  It will satisfy your cravings so you don't even miss the crust!

Enjoy!


Kitchen Note:  I found Guy Fieri's Pepperoni Marinara at my local grocery store.  I've also seen it at Walmart.  You can also purchase individual bottle online here or use your favorite marinara.








One Pot Meat Lovers Pizza Ravioli Bake

adapted from Quick Pizza Tortellini Bake, "30 Minute One Pot Meals" cookbook

serves 6

10 oz pkg Sausage Ravioli
2 c Pepperoni Marinara (Guy Fieri)
1/2 water
1 1/2 c mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/3 c mini pepperoni
Garnish:  fresh chopped basil

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Spray a large oven proof skillet with cooking spray.

Add the ravioli to the skillet.  Pour the marinara sauce over the top, trying to cover all the pasta.  Add the water to the skillet (do not stir).  Sprinkle the cheese over the top and then add the mini pepperoni.

Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.  Remove with oven and garnish with basil if desired.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...