Saturday, September 24, 2016

Blackberry Almond Muffins - Small Batch






Yum

I don't usually cook to much with anything almond.  If I do I tend to make savory dishes like this Chicken Amandine, or salads like this wonderful Pear Salad, instead of baking with them.



Don't get me wrong I love almonds.  They are a staple in our house, but somehow they weren't in my repertoire.  So I decided to change that right now.  I really love a big warm bear claw in the morning, don't you?  And, I've actually made those in one of the many cooking classes I've taken at Sur La Table, but...that's way to involved for me today.  I need something I can whip up quick and savor my breakfast treat pronto! 


BLACKBERRY ALMOND MUFFINS TO THE RESCUE

If you've followed me for any length of time you will know that I am unashamedly called the 'muffin man'.  I love them, and make them often.  So today's small batch treat will give you a burst of berries, along with the earthy nutty flavor of almonds that remind me of fall. 






I've made a smaller batch for you.  Sometimes you just don't need 12 muffins, when only 6 will do.  However, feel free to double the recipe and freeze any leftovers to have on the run when you want them.  Now go make muffins!  It's the weekend and you deserve them...I know I do!  You'll have 6 scrumptious muffins in no time. 




Blackberry Almond Muffins - Small Batch


Serves 6
Cook time 20-25 min



Ingredients:
1 egg
1/2 cup 2% milk
1/4 cup Canola Oil
1 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 cup of fresh blackberries, chopped
Directions:

Place egg, milk, oil, and almond extract in a large mixing bowl and whisk together until light.  Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Stir until moist.  Don’t overmix…batter should be lumpy and a little thick.  Add blackberries, and gently fold them in to the batter.

Spray a non-stick muffin pan with cooking spray.  Divide batter among 6 muffin cups,  filling most of the way full.

Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 min.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...