Saturday, March 12, 2016

Pecan Pancakes with a Chocolate Fudge Sauce







Today's recipe is an ode to my Mom with a little nod to one of me.

Mom just loved waffles with pecans.  To tell you the truth I think she just love pecans in anything! They are my favorite nut by far and we use them in baking all the time.  Even though my mom's been gone a few years now I still celebrate the food that she loved by making dishes in her honor.



So today, in honor of my Mom's pecan love, I decided to make pecan pancakes. A nice variation on her pecan waffles.  But these aren't just any old pancakes.  I had to put a little spin on it with an ingredient that I love too....chocolate. YUM!  I love chocolate, especially when it is warm.  Oh for the gooey love of warm chocolate. They go perfect with the pecans!



They are easy to put together using my great Aunt Grace's Farmstyle Buttermilk Pancakes with a few added touches. Create a fudge sauce to go on top and you are all ready for a wonderful breakfast.

What's better than hot, golden pancakes?  Not much!

Enjoy!




Pecan Pancakes with a Chocolate Fudge Sauce

makes: 2-3 servings

1 cup all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 egg
1/4 chopped pecans

Fudge Sauce:
1 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup jarred fudge sauce

Make the Sauce: To a medium saucepan add the syrup and fudge sauce. Whisk together to combine. Heat over a low heat until warm. Keep warm.

For the Pancakes:
In a medium bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine. Make a well in the middle and add the oil.

In another bowl whisk together buttermilk and egg.

Add to dry ingredients and mix together until just moistened. Fold in the chopped pecans. Batter will be lumpy.

In a pre-heated skillet, (add cooking spray if necessary) ladle batter onto skillet for each pancake. Cook until golden brown and holes begin to appear on top. Turn on the second side and cook until golden brown.








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...