Sunday, December 27, 2015

Chicken Pomodoro


The other day I was surfing through one of my favorite magazines, Cuisine at Home. Have you heard of them?

The word "favorite" is an understatement.  It's more like "obsessed"!  I subscribe to their main magazine but I'm also know to buy every single special issue that they produce.  It's a problem, I know.  But I just LOVE their style of cooking along with the fact that there are no ads in this magazine. 

Basically it's a mini cookbook, and I am also obsessed with cookbooks!  So now you know my dirty little secret.  Lover of cookbooks and obsessed Cuisine at Home magazines.



Where was I?  Oh yea, I was surfing through one of my magazines and found a wonderful recipe that jumped off the page and said "Make me NOW!".  It really spoke to me.  I love Italian flavors and the dishes are usually quite simple to make. The thing about Cuisine at Home recipes is that they put a twist on a know dish to give it a slight variation but the result is outstanding.  Trust me, they really know how to put together flavors to pack a punch and create recipes that are solid and easy to follow.

Chicken Pomodoro is just one of those dishes.  Sauted Chicken is coated in a creamy sauce that contains cherry tomatoes. This is a light dish but it's perfect year round since cherry tomatoes are always available. 

If you have 30 minutes and want a fresh light dinner or lunch try this wonderful chicken dish.  I served it with the Garlic Spaghetti that was suggested (click here for the recipe) which made a perfect compliment.  Add a salad or a piece of crusty bread to round it out if you like.  



I can't brag enough about Cuisine at Home.  If you get a change check out their site, and subscribe if you want.  They also have free eRecipes you can sign up for as well, plus they sell special edition cookbooks online as well.  I'm sure you'll love them as I do.

Enjoy!




Chicken Pomodoro

If you don't like to cook with alcohol or don't have it on hand, you can replace the vodka with an equal amount of chicken broth.

Makes: 4 servings; Total time: 30 minutes

SEASON:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved, pounded to ¼-inch thick (8 oz. each)
Salt and black pepper
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. olive oil

OFF HEAT, DEGLAZE:
1⁄4 cup vodka
1⁄2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1⁄4 cup heavy cream
1 cup halved heirloom cherry tomatoes
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1⁄4 cup minced scallions

Season cutlets with salt and pepper, then dust with flour. Coat a large sauté pan with nonstick spray. Add oil and heat over medium-high.

Sauté cutlets until brown, 2–3 minutes per side. Transfer cutlets to a plate.

Off heat, deglaze pan with vodka and cook until liquid evaporates. Add broth and cream and reduce until thick, 2–3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and lemon juice and bring to a simmer. Return cutlets to pan and cook to warm through, 1 minute per side.

Serve cutlets with sauce and garnish with scallions.


source:  Cuisine at Home.com




1 comment:

  1. Obsessed eh? I should really check it out!
    I am always looking for new chicken recipes :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...