Saturday, August 15, 2015

Lemon Blueberry Crescent Rolls


We're on our way out to the beach!  I love the beach but I don't get there as often as I'd like.  So today is special.  It's a beautiful day, very hot, but the cool ocean breezes and the sandy beaches are waiting for us.  



We have a lot of beaches to choose from around us such as Zuma Beach, Malibu Beach, and Santa Monica Beach to name a few.  Our favorite has become Will Rogers State Beach.  It's a wonderful spot that isn't very wide so we don't have to truck all our stuff far from the car in the 'hot' sand. It's quiet and the water is always sparkling.  The perfect spot to watch dolphins playing, which we had the pleasure of seeing quite often. 



We'll pack a light lunch and some fruit to snack on, but before that I'm making a quick breakfast.  



I mean really quick!  This isn't even a recipe.  Just something I threw together with pantry staples.  I always keep crescent rolls on hand because you can make so many things with them.  For the filling I always have berries on hand in the summer.  I chose some plump blueberries, which I adore hot blueberries.  They are bursting with flavor.  What goes good with blueberries? Lemon curd.  Done! You have your filling.    



This is to be a simple breakfast, so help from convenience items such as jarred lemon curd and crescent rolls is perfectly ok.  And....they are delishhhh!



So we're off to the beach now.  We (MGG actually) ate all the Lemon Blueberry Crescent Rolls with the exception of two that I hid for a late night snack!  He didn't notice....I think. 

Have a great weekend and try these quick breakfast treats. You'll love them!





Lemon Blueberry Crescent Rolls

makes 8

1 can of refrigerated crescent rolls (I used Pillsbury)
4 T of jarred lemon cured (more or less as you desire)
1/2 pint of fresh blueberries

Heat oven to 375 degrees.

Unroll crescent rolls and separate each triangle.  Brush lemon curd over each triangle.  You can use more or less to your taste.  Drop 3-4 blueberries on each of the triangles closer to the wide end.  Roll up starting from the wide end and creating a crescent roll.

Place on a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown.  Serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...