Saturday, August 2, 2014

Beth's Downtown Club


I have always loved a good sandwich, especially for lunch on the weekend.

MGG and I invited some friends over this weekend to hang out by the pool and have lunch alfresco.
Even though it's majorly hot outside sitting by the pool, taking the occasional dip seems to make things better.


So for a casual get together I decided to make a favorite sandwich of mine from way back.  The Club Sandwich has been around forever, but you don't seem to see it too often. A few weeks ago I saw one on the menu at Corner Bakery and it reminded me of how much I really love this sandwich. All the layers, textures, and flavors just work.  So I set out to my own version of their Uptown Club by using my favorite meats and ingredients.  


Buy the freshest ingredients you can find, great bread, and thinly sliced deli meat.  This makes for a fabulous tasting sandwich.  Served along with a big bowl of various fruits, potato salad, and some ice tea or beer and you are set. All our guests enjoyed the meal.  I even got a "This is the best sandwich ever!" compliment.  Don't you love that?

But don't take my word for it. Judge for yourself.

Enjoy!



Beth's Downtown Club

makes 1 sandwich

2 slices of bacon
3 slices of country bread
1 large lettuce leaf
2 oz deli thin sliced turkey
2 slice swiss cheese
2 slice of tomato, thinly sliced
2 oz deli thin sliced ham
3 slices of avocado
mayo
mustard

Cook your bacon in a skillet over medium heat, until brown and crisp, turning once.  Remove from skillet to a paper towel and set aside.  Toast your slices of bread until golden brown.  On one slice of bread spread one side with mayo.  Add the lettuce, sliced turkey and top with bacon pieces.  

On the next slice of toasted bread add mustard to one side of the bread.  Place the bread mustard side up on the sandwich.  Add the cheese and tomato slices, sliced ham and avocado.  With the last piece of bread spread mayo on one side and place that mayo side down on the sandwich.  Cut in half on the diagonal and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...