Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Holiday Baking: Apple Cider Quick Bread

 
Hi there!  Yesterday I talked about my holiday baking marathon this past weekend making a gazillion goodies...

Seriously!

So today I took some to share with my co-worker.  Giving them a little bit of each variety. 

By far the Apple Cider Quick Bread was the hit of the day.  Woohoo!



I love this quick bread.  It is moist and tender, but full of fall flavors.  If you know me, then you know that I have a passion for apples.  Anything apples.  Each year I look for new apples in the grocery store and farmers markets to try.  This year I found an apple called Opal.  Oh My!  Bright yellow, and full of wonderful sweet flavor.  My new fav.

Quick breads are everywhere this time of years.  So coming up with this flavor combination was a no brainer for me.  I just put together some of my favorite spices, added a great apple, (I used a Fuji apple) and some healthy (wheat flour, yogurt etc!) stuff too and a great quick bread was born.



Oh YUM!  You have to try this.  Nothing better with tea or coffee than a nice piece of Apple Cider Quick Bread, steaming hot.  Or, try this...toast it in the morning and smear on some whipped cream cheese.  

I love it, they loved it, you'll love it too!




Apple Cider Quick Bread

Makes 1 loaf

1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 egg white
1/2 cup apple cider
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup shredded peeled tart apple
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine ingredients flour through nutmeg. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, egg white, cider, yogurt, oil and vanilla. Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the apple.

Pour in to a 9” x 5” loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...