Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Italian Breakfast Sandwich



We were out and about again this weekend looking for an investment property.  That left very little time for breakfast.  But it is the weekend...and I love my breakfasts on the weekend!  So I needed to make something that was hearty (protein) and quick.

Eggs!  You can make them really fast, but you can also jazz them up so they don't taste so ho-hum.  I'm not that great of an egg eater, but I do eat them.  That's why I like to add things to them so I tend to like them more.  


This sandwich is the perfect on the go breakfast.  You can whip it up in about 15 minutes and take it on the go by wrapping it in foil.  Otherwise it makes a great presentation at the breakfast table.  We ate our with some fresh fruit.  I chose an Italian theme for this dish.  I love the flavors of tomato and basil, and who can't resist some melted mozzarella?   I know I can't!


Try something new for your breakfast next weekend and if you are in a hurry, like me, this is the perfect thing.

 
Enjoy!

Italian Breakfast Sandwich

1 egg
splash of milk
1/2 t dried basil
salt and pepper
1 oz mozzarella cheese
1 slice of tomato
5 spinach leaves
1 whole wheat English muffin, toasted


In a small bowl whisk together 1 egg, a splash of milk, and dried basil.  Cook egg in a skillet over medium heat, scrambling egg.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  When egg is almost done add cheese and cook 1 minute to melt.

To assemble:  Place toasted English muffin cut sides up.  On one muffin add the spinach, tomato, scrambled egg and top with other English muffin.  Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...