Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Teriyaki London Broil

How about a product review?

I haven't done one in quite a while and I thought I should put some of the product's I've bought to good use.  So this is a product review for Organicville's Island Teriyaki sauce.  



I had just picked up a London broil on sale and couldn't decide how to prepare it.  I usually associate teriyaki with chicken, but then I remembered I used to get a teriyaki steak at one of my favorite restaurants, The Charthouse in Malibu.  Boy, flashback to eating dinner there on my birthday with my parents when I was younger.  The teriyaki steak was fabulous.  So that's what I would make.

I had bought Organicville's Island Teriyaki sauce because it was sweetened with agave nectar and very, very, low in carbs.  So many Asian sauces are loaded with sugar and this one uses a more natural sweetener.  It's also vegan, and gluten free.

I used the sauce to marinate my London broil for about 1 hour and then I grilled it in my grill pan, on the stove.  You could also broil it, or grill it on an outdoor grill.  Several methods would work here.  Let me tell you...this marinade is outstanding!  It's not overly sweet, with the flavors of pineapple, ginger, and garlic shining through.

See how luscious this steak turned out?




Another benefit is that with such a large steak, you get leftovers!  Utilize them in a wonderful steak salad the next day, using an Asian dressing.  Perfect!  They would be equally wonderful in a steak sandwich, or an Asian steak wrap!

If you happen to come across this product you should definitely buy it, or you can purchase it online as well.

Teriyaki London Broil

serves 6

2 1/2 - 3 lb London broil
1  bottle Organicville's Island Teriyaki sauce

Marinate the steak in a plastic bag using 1/2 of the bottle of sauce for 1-2 hours, turning occasionally.  Cook on a heated grill pan over medium heat for 12 minutes, turning once.  Remove from pan and allow to rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes, tented with aluminum foil.

Slice steak against the grain on an angle.  Serve with your choice of side dishes.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...