Monday, January 24, 2011

Homemade Taco Seasoning

Homemade Taco Seasoning:  Who doesn't love a good taco, store bought seasoning packets are full of mystery ingredients and sodium.  Make you own fresh taco seasoning mix that doesn't have all the additives and bursting with Latin flavors! - Slice of Southern

I love tacos, but I can't stand all the sodium you get in those seasoning packets!  So I came up with my own version through trial and error, and I think this is a winner.

Now this has red pepper flakes in it, so if you don't like it that spicy, just adjust accordingly.

Try it and let me know.   :)


Homemade Taco Seasoning

Ingredients:

1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin

1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red
pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Directions:

In a small bowl, mix together all spices. Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...