A light, crisp, and fresh Tangerine Salad that's perfect to enjoy during the end of summer days.
Well it's been quite a summer and I made it to my 20th installment of my Summer Fresh Recipe Series where we talk about quick and easy meals that use summer's fresh produce. Today I'm bringing you a wonderful fresh salad and it goes perfect with my last post of the Italian Layered Picnic Sandwich, as well as about anything else as a main dish.
Today's recipe is all about using fresh greens along with citrus to make a light summer salad. Green leaf lettuce, green onions, and tangerines are mixed and topped with almonds for crunch, then doused with a light cider vinaigrette for a salad that is perfection!
I have a thing about tangerines in salads. They remind me of my favorite salad growing up, which was a Chinese Chicken Salad. There is something about little juicy tangerines that just make the salad special to me. The sweetness of the tangerines lend a light and bright feeling to the salad and provide a wonderful pop of flavor. No wonder I keep a can of mandarin oranges or tangerines in my pantry at all times!
You really will enjoy this salad. It's light, crisp, and fresh and perfect to enjoy in the warm summer months. A few more post to come with some end of summer favorites so stayed tuned.
Summer Fresh Recipe Series
- Italian Layered Picnic Sandwich
- Spicy Grilled Eggplant
- Carrot and Almond Bulgur Salad
- Tomato Avocado & Grilled Corn Salad
- Spinach Orzo Salad with Chickpeas
- Cherry Almond Muffins
- Watermelon Salad Mediterranean Style
- Chicken Fajita Kabobs
- Refreshing Melon Salad
- Peach Blueberry & Ginger Crisp
- Grilled Sirloin Steak with Garlic Herb Vinaigrette
- Grilled Vegetable Platter
- Sirloin Steak topped with Herb Salsa with Roasted Potatoes & Carrots
- Lemon Blueberry Scones
- Grilled Honey Ginger Glazed Pork Tenderloin with Apricots & Brocollini
- Lemon Raspberry Dutch Baby
- Simple Mediterranean Salad
- Grilled Chicken Kofta
- Greek Cobb Salad
6 cups of green leaf lettuce
3 green onions, sliced, dark and light green parts only
1/2 cup almonds, rough chopped
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
On a large platter place lettuce and top with green onions, and tangerines. Sprinkle with almonds. In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, salt & pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat.